Since the beginning of time, man has been without excuse for denying the God of the Universe. The Bible makes the audacious claim that God has revealed Himself to all of mankind from the beginning of creation; so much so, that no one will have an “excuse” for denying Him.
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:18-20).
God has provided an immeasurable amount of evidence that cannot be ignored. Try as you might, there is too much to discount. My name is Jeff Sievertson and I would like to invite you to take a journey that I undertook several years ago that changed my life.
I had difficulty with the so called “mythology” that I saw in the Bible. I grew up attending church, however, I never really fully accepted all that I was taught. My logical mind could not blindly accept the “dogma” that was being fed to me on a weekly basis. I loved mathematics, science, logic and deductive reasoning; and because of that, I had trouble accepting the tenets of the Bible.
If such events took place in the Bible, then where was the evidence? If an event had taken place (Noah’s flood, Joshua’s long day, destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah) then where was the evidence? There had to be something left behind to prove that the event took place. I was like doubting Thomas that said, “Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.” (John 20:25)
As I began my search I found proofs that went beyond mere chance or coincidence. For example I discovered that:
* Evolution is a fraud and should not be taught. Dr Colin Patterson, senior paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History, gave a keynote address at the American Museum of Natural History, New York City, in 1981. In it he explained his sudden “anti-evolutionary” view: “One morning I woke up and…it struck me that I had been working on this stuff for twenty years and there was not one thing I knew about it. That’s quite a shock to learn that one can be misled so long…I’ve tried putting a simple question to various people: ‘Can you tell me anything you know about evolution, any one thing, any one thing that is true?’ I tried that question on the geology staff at the Field Museum of Natural History and the only answer I got was silence. I tried it on the members of the Evolutionary Morphology Seminar in the University of Chicago, a very prestigious body of evolutionists, and all I got there was silence for a long time and eventually one person said, ‘I do know one thing – it ought not to be taught in school.’ ”
* Only the Bible has true predictive prophecy. R. S. Foster says of other holy books and the writings of pagan religions compared to that of the Bible, “No well-accredited prophecy is found in any other book or even oral tradition now extant…” The Bible contains over 8,362 predictive verses, with 1,817 predictions, on 737 separate matters. Over 300 prophecies were fulfilled by Christ’s first advent; 30 alone were fulfilled on the cross. The probability for just 48 of the 300 prophecies to be fulfilled would be 1 in 10157. That’s a 1 with 157 zeros after it. To put that number in perspective, there’s only an estimated 1066 atoms in the universe
* Archaeology confirms the Bible. Dr Joseph P. Free said, “Archeology has confirmed countless passages which have been rejected by critics as unhistorical or contradictory to known facts…Yet archeological discoveries have shown that these critical charges…are wrong and that the Bible is trustworthy in the very statements which have been set aside as untrustworthy…We do not know of any cases where the Bible has been proved wrong.”
* It can be demonstrated that the Bible did not originate from this universe. Dr. Chuck Missler says, “What is even more astounding is that it can be demonstrated that the origin of this intricate design (the Bible) is from outside of our dimension of space and time.”
* The Bible is historically accurate. The longest, non-Christian, first century A.D. reference about Jesus Christ was written by the famous Jewish historian, Josephus (born Joseph ben Mattathias in Jerusalem in 37 A.D.), from his work Antiquities.
At this time there was a wise man called Jesus, and his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous. Many people among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive. Accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have reported wonders. And the tribe of the Christians, so named after him, has not disappeared to this day.
These and many other extraordinary discoveries brought me to the conclusion that the Bible was not “mythological” as I had presumed, but an accurate document that stood up to any and all forms of scrutiny.
However, the evidences I found didn’t bring me to the saving grace of Jesus Christ. It was the conviction of my sins by the Holy Spirit that made me realize that I could not save myself. It was only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ that I could be redeemed. The evidence did however; remove the stumbling blocks that kept me from drawing near to Him.
In fact the greatest piece of evidence was not in the dirt, or underneath a microscope, or in a telescope; but was one that I had carried with me…my own conscience. Let me ask you; do you consider yourself to be a good person? If so, then are you willing to see if that is true?
God has a standard of what’s good…it’s called the Ten Commandments. If you’ve broken just one of them, then you cannot call yourself good. And if you are not good by His standard, then you cannot go to heaven by your own righteousness. Go to our website, http://www.godsproof.com and take the “Good” test by stepping through this door on our site.
I challenge you to examine, not only the evidence, but also yourself to see whether or not you are truly “good” enough. God Bless.